A garage is a very important part of your home. Having an organised your garage makes it a nice place to go, do some work or just to find the things you have in storage.
Organise your garage today, why wait until spring to spring clean?
Why wait until spring to do a spring clean? Now is the time to get your garage back into shape. The weather is great and you don’t have to worry about your things getting wet as you take it out of your garage and sort it out.
Here are 4 common mistakes that you can avoid when organizing your garage:
- Time Management – not allowing enough timeTime is gold, we can’t argue on that. As time is as important as money, you should think on the amount of time you are going to use to fully organise your garage. Depending on how bad your garage has got, allow a full weekend. If you don’t have enough time to do your whole garage, work on one section at a time.Allocate enough time . Organizing a garage that is filled with several years of mess and dirt would include minor repairs and fixes and additional upgrades to your garage to make it more usable.Keeping your garage clean as possible will extend its years of usability and make it so much easy to find your stuff.
- Total remove everything – not taking everything outTotally remove everything from your garage first then clean the floor and wall. Put your stuff in piles ready for sorting. Now you can see the current state of your garage.
- Sort and select – not throwing things outSort things from the piles, good condition, still usable, don’t use / need anymore, recyclable and junk. Be ruthless if you haven’t used it in years and it holds no special memories do you really need it?
- Get rid of anything you don’t really need.Have a garage sales and make a few dollars, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure or donate a local charity anything is usable but past your use. Fix and clean anything that needs it, so when you put is back your things are in their fine condition for future use.
- Prevention – don’t let your garage get to messWhen you have organised your garage, learn from this experience. Now you know the consequences of a messy garage, I can cost you time, effort and money. Learn from this experience and remember prevention is better than cure.
Garages are purposely made to house your car and other valuables, so by keep it tidy and clean that will make storing and getting access to your stuff much easier.
CPR Outdoor Centre is a local manufacturer and builder of quality garages. We only use only genuine BlueScope Steel framing and sheeting in either Zincalume or Colorbond options for all our garages.
Call CPR Outdoor Centre now for a FREE quote!