DIY carports are perfect for you:
- Do you need a carport to protect your vehicles and keep them out of the rain
- Handy for extra space when having a party
- Great to store bikes or a small cupboard for garden tools.
Having DIY carports might seems like a daunting task, but you’d be surprised at how simple and easy they to install if you have the time and skills.
What are DIY carports?
DIY carports stand for Do-It-Yourself carports. They are carports that come in kits so you can put them together on your own or with the help of one or two other people. They are also a project that can be installed quickly (full kits have all the components you need). Your new carport can be generally be built over a weekend or during a couple of days you have off from work.
What makes DIY carports a good choice?
The beauty of installing DIY carports is that comes as a kit is that it contains everything that you could possibly need which includes:
- Structural support such as beams, post and trusses
- Roofing sheets cut according to your needs
- Galvanized bolts, screws and other fixing that you might need
- Decorative elements that you have ordered
- A step by step instructions that will guide you when installing your own DIY carport
DIY carports are extremely cost effective because
- You don’t have to pay for the installation process.
- You can have the kit as a standard sizes or you customized to your exact requirements.
- You don’t have to buy specialized tools as basic tools will be enough to help you installing your own carport.
DIY kit can be delivered right to your home. This is great because you don’t have to worry about how you will get your new carport kit home.
What is NOT included in a DIY Carport Kit is:
- Site or ground works, clearing the area for your new carport
- Flooring, eg concrete slab or brick pavers
- Council or Shire Building permit
You must apply for a building permit and abide by your local government rules when building a new carport even if it is from a DIY Carport Kit.
CPR Outdoor Centre can supply you with a full DIY kit from out standard range or customized to your exact requirement or if you would prefer we can handle everything including the building permit with a fully installed carport. Come and have a chat with CPR Outdoor in Bunbury and Busselton to discuss your needs or fill in our quote form.