Chatting with your family and friends in your patio is a great way to enjoy your holidays, but are you comfortable? Do you have enough seats to lounge in and really enjoy their company? Standing while talking is tiresome, do you need to rethink your patio furniture?
Outfit your patio this season; make it comfy, sturdy furniture will mean you will be able to enjoy it for years to come. Patio décor needs to be more than just decoration.
We have 5 tips for you to get your best patio furnishings:
- Make a list. List the things you would like to do in your patio space and use it as a guide to determine what type of furniture you will need. If you are going to have lots casual evening like cocktail parties, there is no need for a dining table. If you are going to havelarge formal gathering you may need more than one table. Do you need these tables all the time? Do you need a range of furniture some that is a permanent feature and other pieces that fold away to be brought out as the need requires? Write a list of your needs and wishlist so you will know what you need when you go to the shops.
- Invest in quality. Check consumer reports and reviews, before making any big purchase. It is best to know how products are rated by consumers before deciding to buy the items. Ask your friends to see what experiences they have had with their outdoor furniture. The old adage “the customer is always right” is for you. If you are buying second hand or preloved furniture inspect every piece before buying to check for flaws. If you have bought new furniture make sure you check it out thoroughly when it arrives and report any damage immediately, taking photos is always a good way to document any faults. Remember price can be an indicator of quality but not always.
- Keep an eye on sales. Purchase more for less, watch for end of season sales – buying on the off season like now in Autumn you will normally get a better price. Check out large chain stores that have seasonal departments that need to clear out and restock regularly for they are your best bets for bargains. Always ask, often the salesman will be able to do you a better price, especially if you are paying cash.
- Search for dual-purpose items. Two-in-one furniture oftenworks best in your patio especially for small cosy patios. Multi-purpose furniture that has more than one function will also save you money. A bench seat that doubles as storage for your cushions or throw rugs, a table that is also a drinks esky, might the perfect option for your patio.
- Be colour smart.Never limit yourself to the natural tones of wood, white or beige of wicker, or the metal pieces it’s made from. Colour finishes thrive in the outdoor furniture designs.
You can use add bright happy colours; summery yellows, bold reds, etc. by using cushions and accent pieces like large pots. Colour is a wonderful way to brighten up your patio especially with winter coming.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Patio Furniture
Use these 5 tips to choosing your patio furniture and enjoy your patio with your friends and family.
Is your patio too small for your current needs? Call CPR Outdoor CentreBunbury or CPR Outdoor Centre Busselton for a FREE quote.
We offer DIY and installation services for patios, carports and garages. Don’t forget your patio roof is a great place to collect rainwater, we also sell poly rainwater tanks too.
CPR Outdoor Centre are your patio people.